Control System Revamped
– Movement has been changed to include mouse based movement in all directions by holding down Right Click.
Existing WASD keys can still be used to move, but are now aligned upwards and not diagonally.
WASD keys now also function by combining keys to give up to 8 directions of movement.
– Interacton with NPCs, doors or other objects can now be performed by Left Clicking on them while in range.
The existing method of pressing the E key while in front of objects still exists.
– Melee at present still acts in 4 directions, but can now also be performed by Left Clicking.
When Left Clicking for Melee, it will also change your characters direction to where you clicked.
– The town of Azuria has been given a rather creepy makeover.
You will need to create a new world if you are interested in the Halloween event (you can still use the same character).
– Medea the Witch has appeared in town and a couple of things to talk to you about.
She is also selling some Halloween related goodies.
– Trick or Treat. Test your luck with the locals in town.
– Mysterious Statue.
– Candy (Consumable)
– Scarecrow (Placeable)
– Skeleton Mask (Head Equipment)
– Bat Eye
– Pumpkin Lantern = 1 Torch, 1 Pumpkin
– The ‘ledges’ into cave sections has been trimmed down
– Pumpkins will appear in the Woodlands during Halloween
– Tweaked the alpha/hiding of blocks that obscure the player
– Increased the size of the required enclosed room for sleeping
– Steam API check change to allow offline play
– Introduced another type of text alert to the player.
– Lowered the Sell->Buy value multiplier from 10 to 4
Posted by Phill in Builds
Build 7 – Multiplayer, Halloween & More Multiplayer (Online Co-op) Finally! The Halloween festivities return this year, but this time with the new Multiplayer game mode available! This version of Multiplayer is Online Co-op for 1-5 players. It works by using a Steam lobby system. One player chooses to act as the server […]
It is still in the early stages of development, but I wanted to share that this is now in progress. I want to share this, so that the community is informed as to what is happening behind the scenes for the time being. Multiplayer development can be problematic and time consuming, so I’m not […]
I’m pleased to share that the official wiki solution for Shards of Azuria is now live! Many thanks to Gamepedia for providing such an excellent wiki service. The site can be found at the link below: https://shardsofazuria.gamepedia.com/Official_Shards_of_Azuria_Wiki In terms of content on the wiki, there is already a great start. I hope in time it becomes […]
Build 6.2 – Fixes & Changes Changes: – Reduced the aggro radius of the Bear and also the rate of health regeneration – Input validation added to prevent other actions while casting. – Day/Night lighting has been tweaked so that it isn’t as dark at night or in caves (light intensity also tweaked appropriately for […]
It’s taken longer than expected with these changes, as I think there was a bit too much taken on for a single update. But here we are at last! Now to try and summarise all of the changes… One thing to note first, is that for these changes you will have to create a new world. You can use the […]
(ノ°∀°)ノ⌒･*:.｡. .｡.:*･゜ﾟ･*☆ Happy New Year everyone! For many reasons, 2016 was a turbulent year, full of shock and bewilderment. I hope that for all of us, 2017 turns out to be a better year. A year full of positive changes without any regrets. 2016 was still an incredibly significant year for Shards of Azuria […]
5.1 Thoughts Last night Build 5.1 went live, which brought an end to the Halloween event and added an option to choose a movement control alignment. The movement options are to allow players to play with keyboard controls aligned to different directions, so you can choose which feels natural. Originally at the start of […]
Control System Revamped – Movement has been changed to include mouse based movement in all directions by holding down Right Click. Existing WASD keys can still be used to move, but are now aligned upwards and not diagonally. WASD keys now also function by combining keys to give up to 8 directions of movement. – […]