It’s almost time!
On the run up to Early Access, there has been a push to tackle any major changes/fixes that impede direct progression.
Being an Early Access game, there is obviously more yet to do, but I wanted to try and deliver a worth while experience.
There will no doubt be bugs that pop up though and I’ll be keeping a close watch to fix anything that comes up.
Any bug reporting is best directed to the Bug Reporting thread on the Steam:
Patch Notes (Build 4)
– Fix to stop music transitioning too quickly between areas
– Changed Regen status effects from items to instead apply an effect specific to the item
– Carrot item and Carrot Soup recipe added
– Spider item drops reduced
– Fixed a crash when Save and Exiting with the Storage Chest view open
– Fixed an issue with loading player data where status effects were not being reset
– Resolved world loading/saving issues to properly unload objects
– The edge of the Woodland has been changed to an impassable mountain range
– Various Woodland generation tweaks
– Fix to prevent the stairs being blocked in the Dungeon genertion
– Dungeon quest and dialogue has been reworked to be more streamlined and not restriced by days
– Changes to the Sentientpede Tribute, to ensure it can only be placed in the Ritual Circle
– Status Effects applied continously while in range will no longer show the time remaining
– Blue Skeleton has had it’s spawning adjusted to bring it closer to Alris’s Map
Posted by Phill in Builds
Build 7 – Multiplayer, Halloween & More Multiplayer (Online Co-op) Finally! The Halloween festivities return this year, but this time with the new Multiplayer game mode available! This version of Multiplayer is Online Co-op for 1-5 players. It works by using a Steam lobby system. One player chooses to act as the server […]
It is still in the early stages of development, but I wanted to share that this is now in progress. I want to share this, so that the community is informed as to what is happening behind the scenes for the time being. Multiplayer development can be problematic and time consuming, so I’m not […]
I’m pleased to share that the official wiki solution for Shards of Azuria is now live! Many thanks to Gamepedia for providing such an excellent wiki service. The site can be found at the link below: https://shardsofazuria.gamepedia.com/Official_Shards_of_Azuria_Wiki In terms of content on the wiki, there is already a great start. I hope in time it becomes […]
Build 6.2 – Fixes & Changes Changes: – Reduced the aggro radius of the Bear and also the rate of health regeneration – Input validation added to prevent other actions while casting. – Day/Night lighting has been tweaked so that it isn’t as dark at night or in caves (light intensity also tweaked appropriately for […]
It’s taken longer than expected with these changes, as I think there was a bit too much taken on for a single update. But here we are at last! Now to try and summarise all of the changes… One thing to note first, is that for these changes you will have to create a new world. You can use the […]
(ノ°∀°)ノ⌒･*:.｡. .｡.:*･゜ﾟ･*☆ Happy New Year everyone! For many reasons, 2016 was a turbulent year, full of shock and bewilderment. I hope that for all of us, 2017 turns out to be a better year. A year full of positive changes without any regrets. 2016 was still an incredibly significant year for Shards of Azuria […]
5.1 Thoughts Last night Build 5.1 went live, which brought an end to the Halloween event and added an option to choose a movement control alignment. The movement options are to allow players to play with keyboard controls aligned to different directions, so you can choose which feels natural. Originally at the start of […]
Control System Revamped – Movement has been changed to include mouse based movement in all directions by holding down Right Click. Existing WASD keys can still be used to move, but are now aligned upwards and not diagonally. WASD keys now also function by combining keys to give up to 8 directions of movement. – […]